Undercliffe Cemetary at night

Undercliffe cemetery in Bradford is listed by English Heritage in their register of Parks and Gardens of Special historical interest in England and the cemetery is maintained by the 'Undercliffe Cemetery Charity' and volunteers.



The cemetery stands on a hillside overlooking the city of Bradford and contains very impressive monuments and graves in a varied variety of styles and ages. It is mainly known as a Victorian cemetery where many of the Industrial revolution pioneers and dignitaries from the area are buried. Some of them Lord Mayors, Mayors, Members of Parliament and Mill owners. Notably the Illingworths memorial is here.

The cemetery has also been used in the film, Billy Liar.

For once, I have attempted a little bit of post processing on some of the images and I think I have got the best I can out of them (but no doubt someone will tell me I could have done this or that).